DIY Foaming Hand & Face Wash
This is one of my favourite uses of castile soap (available in the natural aisle of large grocery stores). It is so concentrated, that just a few tablespoons topped up with water makes a beautiful foaming hand soap that doubles as an effective and gentle face wash.
No more pricey facial cleanser or hand soap to buy! Simple and effective, for a sound mind.
You will need to buy (once) a bottle of foaming hand soap for the dispenser. I like Method, found at most large grocery stores. Use it up, then make this for years to come.
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Castille Soap (I like peppermint or almond)
- Few drops of essential oils (optional). For acne-prone faces, use tea tree oil
- Fill the soap dispenser to about 2 inches below the top (leaving room for the foaming pump and the soap to be added).
- Add a squirt of at least 2 tablespoons of liquid castile soap to the water mixture. (Do not add the soap first or it will foam up when the water is added).
- Add the essential oils if you are using them.
- Close and lightly swish to mix. Use on hands, faces, or even bodies.
I use almond castile soap for my normal skin, and my husband has his own dispenser of peppermint and tea tree oil for his acne-prone skin. Follow up with my DIY moisturizer!
I would love to hear about your simplified skincare in the comments below!
All rights reserved. Copyright Erika Nielsen@Sound Mind 2016-17